Monday, November 16, 2015

Back in the health game

Recently I tried on a pair of pants that I bought in 2013 and although they [barely] fit over my hips and [reluctantly] buttoned, I was totally uncomfortable. These are some cute pants too so I definitely do not want to get rid of them or worse, buy new, bigger pants. So! Instead I decided then and there that I was going to change my recent eating habits and get back into the healthy eating game. 

Now for those of you who have not read my previous posts, this isn't a diet plan. It's a change-in-eating plan and a healthy cooking plan. I am the one in my small, two-person family who does the food shopping and the cooking so I therefore control what we eat. My longer commute does however make me lazier more often. When I get home at 7:30 on some nights, the last thing I want to do is slave over a stove for an hour just to eat a mean we will scarf down in 10 minutes (as we watch tv).

Yesterday we drove to the Route 10 Farmers market and stocked up on some healthy eats and I spent a few hours in the kitchen prepping my lunch for this week (see next post for recipe) and some snacks and a salad that I found in the Clean Slate cookbook which I bought back in December (yikes! Has it been that long?) Needless to say, I'm ready to eat better and share that journey with you, my faithful, patient readers. 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you cook up. I try to eat healthy most nights and I often get bored with the same old go to healthy recipes. I would love to see what ideas you create

    ReplyDelete